Monday, July 13, 2009

Taking its toll

The weekend arrived. My exhausion, combined with the emotional strain from missing my family is meddling with my ability to sleep.

I have been making an effort to step out and away. This is really important and I would offer this advice to anyone in this position. You need to have contact with people outside, be in the fresh air, to connect to humanity.

It would seem that my realization of needing to connect with humanity was like some kind of cosmic beacon sending out an S.O.S.

I began randomly running into people from my past.

The most amazing coincidental run-in was with my childhood best friend. We have lost touch for years and I have had him in my mind and heart many times over the years. It was on Saturday afternoon that I ran into him at a store in the old stomping grounds, the city where we grew up together.

I went to a party saturday afternoon and soaked up the positive loving energy from the group there. It was really what I needed to feel recharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment