Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Enough is enough

I returned home on Wednesday, July 2nd.
I spent the weekend with my Family, tried to work, tried to focus on being home.

It wasn't working. I was not sleeping, was making Jen miserable, and felt like everything was out of sync.

Jen told me to fly back down and do what I need to do. I love her with all my heart and soul and she was the one voice I could hear, the voice of reason.

This day was the day when the frustrations ceased. While I was on the phone with a surgeon (who was explaining to me that there is no way to help my father, no way to 'fix' what is now happening) my father had enough energy and conciousness to pick up the phone in his hospital room and dial his home number. He reached my mother. He told her that he wants to come home now.

My mother said that she was silent for a bit. Then she said to him "Bob, do you understand that if you come home you will be coming home to die."

My father knew. He was done. He wanted to be at peace.

I spoke with my mother and got the green light to bring him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment