Monday, July 20, 2009

Pain management

The weekend is over.
I have been home since last Thursday afternoon.

Family time, play time, weekend work, and a date night with my lovely Jenny.

Today is a mad scramble kind of day. I am having to catch up on important things I have neglected, we've got Sam in school, errands to run, a computer to get ready for me to take to San Jose, playtime with the family, more errands... It feels a little overwhelming.

My father's pain has been getting worse since I left. He is now suffering from the discomfort of constipation from the pain medication.

The increase of pain medication has made him retreat more; less lucidity, more unconcious deep sleep... drugged.

I checked in daily, on a few days twice. I was pleased to see that the 9 days I spent getting in-home care arranged seemed to go as well as I had hoped. My mother sounds relieved and is thankful.

Another challenge has appeared. Blood sugar levels, insulin, and just how difficult it is to keep him in a range that is 'safe'.

We'll see how that goes this week. I am only able to be there for a short visit this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment